Run The Banner is a series of running events which take place on an annual basis in county Clare. It is a combined effort by a number of Clare athletics clubs, including Kilmurry Ibrickane North Clare AC, Kilnaboy AC and Ennis Track AC, to work together for the betterment of athletics, and to raise funds for same. The organising and running of the events is overseen by the Run The Banner organising committee which consists of representatives from each of the clubs.
The data we collect
On registering to participate in the events we need to collect personal data, for example your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, names of any club or organisation to which you are affiliated. We may also collect other data deemed necessary for the organising and running of the event, and some of which may be deemed sensitive, for example the name and telephone number of the emergency contact(s), details of injuries or medical conditions, or, preferred clothing size.
How we collect your data
We typically collect your data when:
• you register to participate in an event, and/or,
• you submit enquiries, feedback, or request information
This may take place by direct interactions where you provide personal data mentioned above by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
It may also take place via automated interactive digital communication systems for example: where you submit web forms on our web site, or, where you submit your registration via other third party web based event registration systems which we have authorised to process registrations for our events.
In addition, as you interact with such digital systems, technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns may be collected using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Where such data collected is deemed to be personal data and the method by which the data was collected does not inherently imply consent then your consent is requested, for example when using web site cookies.
Web Site Cookies:
Cookies are small pieces of data (tokens) stored by your browser on behalf of a web site ‘domain’ your are visiting. Third party cookies are stored on behalf of other web ‘domains’ which are ‘linked’ to the one you are visiting. Your browser is designed to automatically return these ‘tokens’ to their respective ‘domain’ each time it communicates with it. In this way a ‘domain’ can potentially track your browsing activities.
Cookies are essential for some functionality, for example to keep track that a user is logged into a site, to keep track of what products a user has added to their cart, or, to better customise the user experience during repeat visits. However in some cases the data collected using cookies is deemed to be personal data and in such cases it is necessary to notify the user that cookies are being used, and to get the users consent.
The cookies currently used on the Run The Banner web site are used for technical purposes only and not for the collection of personal data, and as such consent is not required. However third party registration web sites which we have authorised to process registrations use their own cookies and have their own cookie policies so please refer to those web sites separately for details .
How we use your data
Organising and running such events by their nature requires the use of personal data. At all stages we endeavour to minimise the amount of personal data required and used.
We use your personal data for:
• recording your intent to participate in the event, and related details such as fees paid etc.
• keeping you informed about event arrangements, for example where event arrangements are subject to change etc.
• facilitating you partaking in the event itself, for example issuing race numbers, timing etc.
• analysis of performance in the event, for example timing and classification,
• cataloging and publication of event results and publication of event reports
Where you have specifically consented we may also use your data to inform you about future events which we consider may be of interest to you.
How we protect and manage your data
We will endeavour to protect your data by:
• restricting access to the data system used to collect the data
• restricting distribution and access to the data in storage
• minimising the amount of data provided to third party service providers where such is required
We will endeavour to maintain your data as accurately and securely as possible for such time as is required and then delete it as follows:
• in general personal data provided at registration will be kept for reference purposes only for a period of up to 12 months after the event or the final event in a series of events.
• except where you have consented to receive information about future events essential contact details required (name, email etc) for such communication will be kept for up to 5 years or until consent is revoked.
• and except where limited personal data such as your name form part of the event reports and results such will continue to exist indefinitely.
How we share your data
We will only share your data with third parties when it is necessary for the purposes of running the event and in such cases only essential data elements are shared. An example of this is provision of names and race numbers to the timing, and the inclusion of names in results.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how the we collect and/or processes your personal data please email us at contact’aaaaaat’runthebanner.ie or contact us via our web site contact form at http://www.runthebanner.ie/contact
If you have any questions regarding this statement, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please also email us at contact’aaaaaat’runthebanner.ie or contact us via our web site contact form at http://www.runthebanner.ie/contact
About this privacy statement
We may modify, add or remove sections of this privacy statement from time to time.